We are seeking an iOS Engineer to join the WW Mobile team. You will write code, build prototypes, solve problems, and deliver features that improve the lives of millions of our members. You will also learn from our talented team of software engineers and share your knowledge to make us better too.
If you’ve got great iOS chops and want to see your work appreciated by millions of users, the WW Mobile team is the place for you. We’re not your mother’s Weight Watchers! We’re an agile tech startup within the organization. And we ship every 2 weeks, so there’s always something exciting and challenging to work on.
Working for WW means you get to write code that makes a huge impact on people’s lives. You can be a force for good.
We strive to be early adopters of the latest iOS features, from Swift to Apple Watch. We also love using tools like Cocoapods, fastlane, and CircleCI to help us write modular code and quickly deliver apps to beta testers and the App Store. Maybe there’s a cool new framework or tool you’ve been dying to try out. Or maybe you want to write your own. Weight Watchers is the place to do it.
- Love learning about the latest tools and technologies
- Write clean, well-architected, self-documenting code
- Want to learn from other engineers and share your knowledge with the team
- Seek out challenges that make you grow — as a person, and as a software engineer
- Participate in WW code reviews, hackathons, and tech summits
- Bring a critical mind to identifying and solving issues and bugs
- Aren’t afraid to share your ideas and raise red flags when appropriate
- Want to evangelize the WW Mobile team via open source, tech meetups, and conferences
- Don’t mind taking occasional trips to visit the San Francisco office!
- 2+ years professional iOS engineering experience
- Excellent command of Swift and the Apple SDKs
- Several published applications in the App Store
- Familiarity with protocol-oriented programming
- Exposure to frameworks that promote Clean Code
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills
- Experience writing unit and/or UI tests with XCTest
These iOS Engineer general responsibilities are not in the Jobvite listing but are nevertheless useful to recruiters.
- Attend sprint planning meetings and provide estimates for tasks
- Participate in daily standups and other meetings relevant to your crew (e.g., Search & Tracking)
- Develop Swift code on feature branches
- Create pull requests and get necessary approvals
- Submit bug fixes or hotfixes as needed
- Participate in other Mobile events (iOS Weekly, code reviews, lunch & learn, etc.)
- Perform administrative tasks as needed (Saba goals, timesheet, etc.)