Managed Project (Telephony Migration)
Client had a business need to migrate/modify existing inbound call center and telephony infrastructure services currently existing with AT&T to utilize Twilio services.
Client had a business need to migrate/modify existing inbound call center and telephony infrastructure services currently existing with AT&T to utilize Twilio services. During this time, client had to augment network infrastructure between existing contact center provider and Twilio.
As part of the migration strategy, Basic Solutions team was responsible for providing the following;
Project & Program Management
- Provide general project management and associated artifacts and deliverable’s for the program. Common activities included but were not limited to: Scheduling meetings, leading discovery discussions, generating plans, and regularly communicating status.
- Interface, at client’s direction, directly with third party call center provider project management to align infrastructure changes are executed to support project.
Technology Build & Delivery
- Creating a routing plan for all inbound numbering identified.
- Interface, at client’s direction, directly with Twilio operational resources, as well as any Twilio provided tooling required to configure any custom routing plans within the Twilio environment.
- Preparing number migration strategy with client in line with business operations expectations.
- Directing, managing, and if necessary engaging directly to migrate numbering in line with program plan, orchestrating any changes in concert with client’s network infrastructure build out.
- Identifying technology infrastructure and Twilio configuration to replicate Interactive Voice Response (IVR) functionality in Twilio platform for Customer Service Desk.
Operationalize and Support
- Providing “Runbook” type documentation to client describing:
- a. MAC instructional activity within new Twilio environment.
- b. Trouble shooting procedure for Client’s Tier1 Support including common issues, as well as escalation paths dictated by client providers.
- Developing recommendation on resourcing requirements and skill sets for MAC.
Operationalize and Support
- Provide a high level Short-term / Midterm / Long-term telecom and vendor strategy for client.
- Lead discovery sessions with client to determine associated infrastructure playbook to meet strategy.
- Develop infrastructure playbook with client infrastructure team.
- Develop recommendation on resourcing requirements and skill sets to accomplish strategy.
Deliverable Materials provided to the Client during/following the migration project
Program RACI Model defining program participants, roles, and responsibilities
- Program Plan/Schedule with included task list / owners
- Program Deliverables document capturing client signoff.
- Detail audit report of existing telecom services and cost.
- expectations in scope – to be agreed upon with client during planning.
- Detailed routing plan for numbering and inbound service both pre-and post-cut over.
- Short/Mid/Long-term telecom strategy document.
- Weekly Program Status Communication.
- Runbook Documentation including MAC instructions, support information.
The Telephony Infrastructure migration was completed in a timely manner with minimal disruption to client services.